The term 'marveller' was coined in 'Art and Creativity in Reggio Emilia' (2010). In the book, the author Vea Vecchi explains that Loris Malaguzzi saw teachers as potential “professional marvellers” of children. How important it is to keep that innate spark of learning and creativity alive. Henceforth, here I chart my journey to become a professional marveller: a thinker, a researcher, a collaborator and co-constructor of what we call learning.

(Unfortunately, due to a change in my Gmail account some of the images have disappeared and are no longer visible- I might replace them... one day...)

Monday, 30 May 2016

First foray into Twitterverse

Sharing thoughts and ideas person to person: no problem. Social media: Screeeech! Breaks on!

So I had my first adventure in using a social media tool to interact with other educators at #ldrchatnz and here is a brief reflection. The theme was "Leading Change."

- It was like speed dating for the brain but on steroids! Fast and furious. It definitely pays to prep and reflect on the questions first. Agile, immediate but purposeful.
- Mind blowing! The caliber of thoughtful discussions and ideas was inspirational. I'm in awe of NZ educators.
- I got a wee bit emotional after. Perhaps there is a real chance for positive change as we shackle-off the post industrial education mindset model. Could social media provide the true collaborative tool where we- educators- can connect and create meaningful and purposeful change?





No comments:

Post a Comment